We have begun our inventions to display at the Invention Convention! Some information for you:
- Everyone has officially picked his or invention—ask your child what he or she has come up with!
- We need to begin our models, so the kids need to start gathering materials. If you have trouble finding materials, please let me know.
- The models do not need to work—they just need to be a visual model.
- Models can be built at home. If your child needs help building his or her model, we can enlist the help of some “experts” here at school. Sometimes parents like to help with the process at home—it is up to you!
- This project covers two 8th grade standards, so each component will be graded.
- Each invention will need a tri-fold display board. If you child is working with a partner, they will need to decide who is in charge of bringing this to school. The kids can bring those in any time.
- We will hold a local convention sometime in March. The regional convention will be held April 12.
- With the exception of the actual model, all other aspects of this project will be completed at school. Models may be completed at school—each group will vary.
- If you have any questions, please let me know!